Hello, who are you?
I am Getachew Asmare, and I am a veterinarian. Within CDAIS, I am the national innovation facilitator (NIF) for the Feed Safety and Quality Innovation niche in Ethiopia.
What has CDAIS changed for you?
In line with the Capacity Development for Agriculture Innovation Systems (CDAIS), I attended the following trainings course and which built my capacity:
· An inception training workshop held in Addis Ababa on 10-13 January 2017
· Subsequent second NIF training held in Addis Ababa on 1st February 2017
· Piloting/field test to conduct Capacity Need Assessment (CNA) of community seed production case as a pilot from 27 February to 4 March 2017 in Butagira
· Coaching plan and Monitoring Evaluation Learning (MEL) workshop held in Addis Ababa on 27-30 June 2017
· Learning and reflection workshop in Addis Ababa on 5-9 March 2018
With regard to new opportunities, I have learnt a lot, including on the concepts and terminology of agricultural innovation systems, how to use the different NIF tools and methods, facilitation skills, the capacity need assessment process, multi-stakeholder processes, and how to innovate.